Applying for a place
Ark Franklin Primary Academy is a three form entry primary school which offers 90 reception places each year. It is a non-denominational, non-selective school for local children. If you would like to find out more about the academy, or to visit us, please contact the school on 0208 969 3846.
Children born between 1 September 2013 and 31 August 2014 are due to start Reception Class, the first year of primary school, in September 2018.
There are two ways to apply for a reception place for 2018:
- Online through the eAdmissions website
- By completing a paper Common Application Form (CAF) which you can obtain from the London Borough of Brent Admissions Service on 020 8937 3110 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for reception places in September 2018 must be submitted by 15 January 2018.
Additional Information can be found on the document link below provided by Brent Council.
For any enquiries related to admissions please email the Office Manager, Lourdes De Lucia: email@example.com
When we admit pupils, we prioritise children with statements of special educational needs. Then, if our academy is oversubscribed, we offer places to children in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children.
- Children of staff of the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose “sibling” means a whole, half or step-brother or -sister resident at the same address).
- Children of staff of the school (where there is no skill shortage).
- The remaining places will be allocated children who live closest to the school, using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the academy to the main entrance to the child’s home.
Please see the full admissions policy for tie-breaker and more details:
The academy will keep a waiting list which will be used to fill any vacancies arising if children leave during the year, or withdraw from a place that has been offered.
If your child is not allocated a place and you wish to appeal you have the right to do this under the Admissions Appeals Code. For Ark academies, appeals are organised by an external agency who will establish an independent panel to hear the appeal.
Ark Schools Appeals Timetable
Ark Network Appeals Timetable
September 2018 entry
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Reception class in September 2018 will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
Deadline for lodging an appeal
|Offer date||Deadline for lodging an appeal|
|Primary||16 April 2018||20 May 2018|
‘On-time’ appeals will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals. Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being lodged, whichever is the later date.
Mid-year appeals must be heard within 30 school days of receipt of the appeal.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by an external agency.
Any additional evidence parents/carers wish to submit in support of their appeal must be sent to the external agency at least 5 working days before the hearing. Any evidence not submitted by this deadline may not be considered by the independent appeal panel.
For further information on the appeals process, please refer to this document: AFPA Appeals Booklet 2018